The Speckled Mind

Friday, February 10, 2006

Bueller?? Anyone??

Well, friends, there simply has not been enough blogging going on round these parts lately. It seems many of the blogs I have come to read and love have run on hard times. Or, rather, no time...to blog. Can't blame them, really. I had my own sabbatical of a month plus, but it's time to write again, ya'll!! Please, I beg you, write about anything and nothing. Make me laugh, make me mad, make me sad! Tell your tales of intrigue and your intriguing tales!

Just to get the ball rolling, I'll share a story from my brother--who has left the financial quagmire known as the Wakota Bridge project for the greener pastures of teaching math in the Minneapolis school district.

The situation: An obnoxious freshman is disrupting the class instead of working on his assignment.

The conversation:

Ben: "I need you to be quiet while you're working on your assignment."
Student: "Why are you asking me to be quiet? Is it because my clothes are baggy? That's discrimination!"
Ben: "Yes. I'm telling you to be quiet because your clothes are baggy. Please be quiet."

Ben is a great teacher. There's got to be more of this kind of stuff going on that I just haven't heard about. For other great stories about teaching, check out Glatzel's blog.

Blog on, ye blogging faithful. Repent of your silence and do the things you did at first.

2 Comments:

  • You might have a new blog by an old friend: letlightbe.blogspot.com. She tends to update frequently during boring classes.

    By Blogger Jess(ica), at 5:32 PM  

  • Tim -

    Welcome to the Jedi side of the blog-sphere:)

    Vicki

    By Blogger Victoria, at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home