The Speckled Mind

Friday, February 24, 2006

Coincidence?

Two things happened on Tuesday worth noting.

First, I got together with Joel Martins for coffee--the first time we'd done this in a couple of years. It was great to catch up and glean wisdom from one who is further along in the path of maturity (read "fatherhood") than me.

The other thing, you ask? Oh, that was getting sick. Now when I say "sick," I'm not talking about a little head cold or a little fever....or a little excuse to miss a day of work. I'm talking about "dear God, please end my life now" sickness. I'm talking about "don't come near me for fear of your life" sickness. I'm talking about "why are there little green men dancing around my living room" sickness.

I should note--I don't usually get sick. If I do, it lasts 24 hours, at the most. But this...this is going on day number four with little sign of reprieve. Every time I take my temperature, I'm like a dude holding a powerball ticket--just hoping that the magic display will read somewhere in the 99's so I can cash in on my winnings. It's been years since I've been this sick for this long.

Now, I don't hold Joel solely to blame for this fiasco. If Psych 1001 taught me nothing else (and, I really can't remember anything else I did learn in that class), it's that correlation does not equal causation. But in my fever-altered state of rational, it feels REALLY good to blame somebody for this. Sorry, Joel. Enjoy your new iPod, though.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Tim...feel better man. I miss you.

    Jerod.

    By Blogger Jerod Lucius, at 1:53 AM  

  • Somebody should have gotten a flu shot....

    Seriously though Tim, I pray you are better very soon. We missed you at the annual meeting on Thursday, but I think Jess did a good job speaking up for you!

    Vicki

    By Blogger Victoria, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home