The Speckled Mind

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Music You Should Want To Like

I promise to post something substantive soon. I realize that a lot of the stuff lately has been like cotton candy--melts in your mouth AND in your hand. But before I do that, I wanted to brag on a band that could really use the publicity.

This, friends, is Anathallo. A few days ago, I was listening to the Paste Culture Club podcast and they played a recording from this group of young men from Mt. Pleasant, MI. I was smitten, to say the least.

Those of you who know me well understand that when I find a great new band, you're going to hear about it. I'm like a dude with the stomach flu--it's gonna come out of me one way or another. Anyway, I searched itunes for any sign of their music, to no avail--they're so indie that even itunes hasn't heard of them. I was pleased to learn, however, that they do have a website with a couple of useful links--one of which has three tunes you can download for free. The other was a link to their myspace page where you can listen to one of the tunes from their forthcoming album. I'm gonna make a prediction--this band is gonna be big.

Pre-order for the new album, Floating World, begins on Saturday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I must be getting old. This just isn't doing it for me. It is missing something for me, and contains to much elsewhere. Sorry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home