The Speckled Mind

Monday, June 19, 2006

Some Speckled Politics

Those of you who frequent this blog know that I don't get political very often. It's not a primary area of interest for me and, to be honest, I'm not that politically adept. That being said, when politics ventures into the realm of good comedy (as it often does), it's fair game. Check out this video:



Here's the transcript:

THE PRESIDENT: Yes, Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?

Q I can take them off.

THE PRESIDENT: I’m interested in the shade look, seriously.

Q All right, I’ll keep it, then.

THE PRESIDENT: For the viewers, there’s no sun. (Laughter.)

Q I guess it depends on your perspective. (Laughter.)

THE PRESIDENT: Touche. (Laughter.)

So why, you ask, do I bring up this situation? Well, it turns out that this reporter is legally blind, and wears the sunglasses because of his condition. Way to George W. I guess it's not the first time our president has stormed into a situation with guns blazing before knowing the sensitive nature of a situation. **Shrug**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home