The Speckled Mind

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

To the University of Minnesota Garbage Truck Driver...

I'm sorry that it took me one extra millisecond to hit the gas when that light turned green this morning. Your honking was perfectly understandable given your relative busy-ness and my complete obliviousness. In fact, I'd like to thank you for honking. I was wasting my life there for a second...er, less than a second, and you saved me from futility.

Thanks for reinforcing the overworked, overstressed, under-rested economy that we have all grown to know and love in America. I <3 you. Ten points for your team.

But...

I don't suppose you have a clean pair of boxers in that truck of yours...cause you scared the expletive out of me. Thank you.

Sincerely,



Tim Johnson

4 Comments:

  • OOOH Oooh oh Tim! Puke Blogging eh? A little verbose spillage have we? eh? A wee smack of alphabet soup spit up? eh? GUILTY!

    By Blogger Bradley M, at 12:14 PM  

  • This just lends credence to my theory that good drivers should be allowed to carry a bag of rocks in their car to throw at bad drivers.

    PS What's up with Brad's Irish toned comment? This is America!

    By Blogger Jerod Lucius, at 12:17 PM  

  • are you absolutely sure that your mind was completely on your driving? Or do you insist that the moral high-ground of the daily commute belongs to you? Was he honking at you? Or is it that you just think that all honking is about you? was there the definitve Italian salute to affirm your supposition, or was it really just another anonymous incident? did you pray for that guy? God loves garbage-truck drivers too.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 PM  

  • I always honk back when I get honked at.

    By Blogger Wasp Jerky, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home