The Speckled Mind

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bits and Pieces

There are a few things I've been meaning to blog about, none of which deserve their own entry. So, here goes:

1. Jessica and I were walking through Barnes and Noble in Duluth this past weekend. As we were about to exit the store, I noticed a table of books marked, "Easter is Coming Soon!" As we approached, I noticed the following books: The Jesus Papers, The Davinci Code, The Gospel of Judas, The Gospel of Mary and Jesus by Marcus Borg. Because apparently the employees of Barnes and Noble feel there is no better way to celebrate a Savior who is alive and well than with a table full of books that deny the historicity of His resurrection.

2. As Jess and I were driving to said book selling establishment, we saw three buildings on the side of the road. The first was a Christian radio station and the third was a Planned Parenthood clinic. In between? A legal firm. It's good to see that irony is alive and well in Duluth.

3. Part (I think) four in our ongoing 'For those about to waste time, I solute you' series is this curious little Russian website. Click on the red square in the middle and move it to avoid both the moving blue squares and the static black border. I've been told that if you can do it for 18 seconds or more you are a genius. I can't best 8 seconds.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

  • 10.2!!!

    I guess that makes me 56% of a genius. My mother would be so proud.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM  

  • Just got 10.75...

    By Blogger timmer k., at 10:00 AM  

  • 19.5 in less than 3 minutes of play.

    By Blogger A. Engler, at 8:36 PM  

  • 17.89

    But I see Aaron is smarter than me. Of course, we already knew that.

    By Blogger Joe, at 10:14 PM  

  • Tim - I got 39 seconds and before you know it I was the winner of - not one - but TWO Russian brides.
    I tried to take the magazine subscription instead but they told me prizes are non-negotiable.

    So, be careful boys - especially if you haven't brushed up on your Russian in a while.

    By Blogger Nate, at 10:42 AM  

  • The B&N must make tons of money off their religious books of these "skeptical nature" because it seems like they're ALWAYS promoting them.

    By Blogger RC, at 12:54 AM  

  • oh just got 22.38 seconds on the 1st try.

    By Blogger RC, at 12:55 AM  

  • You need to stop playing that silly game and update. I'm bored on this side of the world.

    By Blogger Katrina, at 10:19 PM  

  • How about that genius Carlos Silva who waited until the regular season to start getting hitters out. Hopefully this .77 era lasts more than 18 seconds into his next appearance.

    By Blogger Post_Fidelitas, at 12:55 PM  

  • You hold 19.296 seconds...

    On the fourth try.

    eat my dirt...

    By Blogger stevetreichler, at 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home