The Speckled Mind

Friday, February 01, 2008

In Which My Posture Towards Pop Culture Gets Deconstructed

You know...I've often been accused of music snobbery. And, I have to admit it's justified. One need only to peruse the music related entries on this blog to see it.

However, it's good to know that--not only am I in good company--but someone was clever enough to encapsulate the "indie rock elitist mentality" in a diagram on a t-shirt.

Absolutely brilliant.

I hear that this t-shirt is standard issue at Pitchfork.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Nice! I like that, but it needs an extra repetition of the bubble to the left with the main bubble saying "MUSIC JOSH LIKES" followed by "MUSIC JOSH USED TO LIKE" with changes to the current bubble saying "MUSIC TIM LIKES".. then we may have a much more suited shirt!

    On a side note, been enjoying Parov Stelars new album "Shine" you may or may not lke it pending on taste, but it has wonderful roots and a great funky vibe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM  

  • Yeah, I like it too, but it's a totally invalid venn diagram. Look carefully.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home