The Speckled Mind

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Good Music Thursday: Volume 1

I'm going to try to be a bit more thematic with my blogging this fall. Thursday seems like a good day to talk music, agreed? Alright, it's official. Thursday shall be the day when all my music snobbery comes to the foreground and I go on and on about artists of whom you may never have heard...or may never care to hear.

Hey, if a guy can't be a music snob, what is he supposed to do with his music degree?

Actually the idea for this kind of blog came about after talking with a few of my friends about music. I frequently get asked if I will write down/email them what I've been listening to. Well (Brad), now you have it in the immortal annals of Al Gore's precious gift to us.

Ok, where were we. Ah yes, music. How about something free for Volume 1? Thought that might catch your interest.

Listening to the KCRW Top Tune podcast has quickly become one of my favorite daily rituals--right up there with coffee and fantasy baseball. Through this free (did I mention it was free?) podcast I've discovered some great new (to me) artists including: Cibelle, Lisa Germano and Devics. KCRW also does a great job of following well known artists with new stuff on the horizon such as: Pete Yorn, Ani Difranco, Sigur Ros and My Morning Jacket. The track by Ani Difranco alone is worth the two seconds it will take you to subscribe to this podcast. Try it. You'll like it.

Happy Thursday, Speckled Mind readers. And remember--life is too short to listen to bad music.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • sooooo. is your new theme "putting a bazillion links in each post"????

    :o)

    ps, the whole "type the clump of letter to make sure i'm not a robot" thing is kind of annoying.

    By Blogger Bekah's Cloth Bums, at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home