The Speckled Mind

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The end?

Well, well, well...

It has been a long time, hasn't it. What exactly is it that keeps a person from blogging? Laziness, I think. At least to start with. Shortly thereafter, pure momentum kicks in and the breakneck force of doing nothing becomes irreversible.

I am truly ashamed, which is a response that a number of people have told me is appropriate. So, if I have any readers left--and it's entirely possible that I don't--here is what you've been half-heartedly waiting for.

This will, of course, be another 'Bits and Pieces' post; this time we'll focus on things that have recently ended or will be ending soon:
  1. My blogging hiatus. It was...fun while it lasted? I'll try to be more regular. Do they make blogging prunes?
  2. The internet. I found it. It was everything I hoped it would be.
  3. My brother's losing streak in the North Suburban Church Softball League. Including last year's playoffs, Hope II had lost 29 consecutive games. Their victory this past weekend was a beautiful, beautiful thing. Was it a coincidence that Steve Treichler DID NOT play in that game?
  4. Inventory. This has been the major reason (read *excuse*) for my absence from this little corner of the blogosphere. It's not a stretch to say that I would rather have two fingers and one of my earlobes surgically removed than do another year of inventory at the Bethel Campus Store.
  5. My employment at the aforementioned establishment. August 3rd will be my last day. And, yes, I am counting them down.
  6. My time as the music director at Hope Community Church. July 29th will be my last Sunday. I'm already mourning this. Jess and I will greatly miss Hope in our yearlong absence.
  7. The Twins playoff hopes...? I hope I'm wrong on this one, but the signs are NOT good.
  8. My attention devoted to this task.
  9. This blog entry.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • I resemble that remark.

    Trike

    PS - I'm actually having a GREAT year, even though I have been awol for various reasons, not the least of it is my aching back (since I have to CARRY THE WHOLE CHURCH STAFF MOST OF THE TIME!!! - was that my outside voice, or was I just thinking that in my head...). Peace out, Napolean!

    Trike

    By Blogger stevetreichler, at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home