The Speckled Mind

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Eye, Eye, Eye!

Anyone else who has gone through an eye exam knows what a strange phenomenon it is.

"One or Two?"

"Is this better, or this."

"Just look straight ahead." (as we shine a blinding light into your eyeball)

"Take off your glasses and try to read the bottom line for me."

And I'm thinking--if I could read the bottom line without my glasses, I probably wouldn't be here in the first place.

But, I needed new contacts, and an eye exam is apparently a prerequisite to getting them. One of the things that always bugs me is that machine that shoots little air bullets into your eyeballs. How is that helpful? And, it would have been really nice if the "technician"--and I use that term in the loosest way possible--would have warned me that it was coming. It scared the hell out of me.

Oh well. At least it wasn't as stressful as my last eye exam.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hello,


    My name is Jessica and I work for Max Exposure, an online media agency. I am interested in placing a text link on your site.
    If you are interested, please let me know and I'll provide you with more details.

    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Jessica S.

    Account Manager

    jessica.sundt@gmail.com

    By Blogger Jessica S, at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home