The Speckled Mind

Saturday, January 20, 2007

In Which My Sports Options Are Limited...For Now


Football season, while still ongoing, has been dead in Minnesota since about mid October. Let's face it, folks--this was about the worst season of Vikings football in Minnesota's history. The worst part is that the future looks about as bright as Ralph Wiggum taking an abstract algebra exam.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, friends. Baseball season--and with it the return of our beloved Minnesota Twins--is not as far away as one might think. Twins Spring Training begins soon, with pitchers and catchers reporting in mid February, and the first pre-season game on February 28th vs. Boston.

Now, you may be thinking, "Who cares about spring training?". Well, I do...and you should too. After all, it relieves us all from the dreaded sports dry spell in which our only options are the NBA, the NHL, or...Nascar. And, in case you're like me and need something objective to help you measure how long you will need to endure the aforementioned three sports, I have embedded a handy dandy countdown clock in the sidebar. Who says a music major can't figure out HTML code?

For those who do still care about football--who are you picking to win the Super Bowl? My money--were I a betting man--would be on the Colts. I think Peyton Manning will find a way to get it done this year, despite the America-feel-good-storyline that would occur with a New Orleans win. Step right up and place your 'nothing to gain but bragging rights' bets, folks.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • you had me at "who cares about sports spring training..."

    By Blogger Bradley M, at 5:13 PM  

  • i'm routing for da Bears....just because...yeah...just because

    But I still have my Red Wings to cheer on here...and am anxiously awaiting to see what the Tigers look like this year....see if they can win the Series this year:)

    Vics

    By Blogger Victoria, at 6:46 PM  

  • Bears.

    obviously.

    (i mean, obviously i'm rooting for them...not obviously they're going to win, because seriously, who would bet on the bears...but at least they're in the GAME!)

    so excited. :-D

    By Blogger Bekah's Cloth Bums, at 12:26 AM  

  • BEARS ALL THE WAY! I've been waiting 21 years for this!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 PM  

  • I do like the clock Timmer. I'm quite impressed.

    I gotta say the Bears. They got heart and so much of football is turnovers...4 the other day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home