The Speckled Mind

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Premature Speculation

What a difference a day makes for my perspective on the Twins. Great win for the boys last night. The middle of the line-up stepped up, the piranhas did their thing, the starting pitching was great and the bullpen was characteristically solid. If wanted to sell you all some hope, as I have been known to do, I would agree with Jim Souhan:

We should be immune to snap judgments during a 162-game season, but when the Twins started the home stand with consecutive losses to Jason Simontacchi and Levale Speigner, they hardly looked like contenders. Two victories later, the perspective has changed: The Twins have yet to get hot, play inspired baseball, call up top pitching prospect Matt Garza or see Johan Santana at his best, and yet they are only 5½ games out of first.

I don't know if it's believable or not. The important thing is that I want to believe it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • You know deep in your heart that the Twins are second half of the season players...they just can't do anything before the All-Star break. Plus you also know that they don't stand a chance against the Tigers this post-season...especially when our bullpen is healthy. I send all readers of this comment to my post about last night's game :)

    Oh, and in reference to your last post, I'm not even in Minnesota anymore and I am saddened at the prospect of you not being music director. What are you guys up to that you are taking a year off?

    Vics

    By Blogger Victoria, at 9:59 PM  

  • No hard feelings at all! The Twins will always be my second best team! I cheer for them every time except when they play the Tigers!

    By Blogger Victoria, at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home