The Speckled Mind

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Real Tim of Genius


Well, friends, I've done it. I've landed that big job I've been looking for.

Except, replace "big" with "part-time"...

And replace "job" with "pleasant, paid diversion from studying"...

And replace "looking for" with "stumbled upon"...

There. That looks better.

The truth of the matter is that I am the proud new owner of the title, "Barista." And before you mock me or pontificate on the stereotypical nature of this situation, I have two words for you:

Shut up.

Besides--no matter how well you can say it, someone else has already beaten you to the punch.

Just replace "Master's degree in Art History" with "Master's degree in Theology"...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • If I didn't have to drive so far, I'd come by and order a vanilla latte (with pride, mind you)--I might even tip you, if you smiled at me.

    By Blogger Seth, at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home