The Speckled Mind

Monday, November 19, 2007

Sports Tidbits

For those of you who chastise me every time I post something sports related--do yourself a favor and just stop reading right now. I like sports. Many people who read this blog regularly also like sports. If you don't like sports, repent. There, I said it.
  1. In case you just landed on this planet and haven't been watching the NFL, the Patriots are freaking ridiculous. I have never, EVER seen anything like this in professional football. I honestly can't believe there are still people who think the Patriots will lose a game this season. They WILL go 16-0. They will win the Superbowl. Count on it.
  2. I'm getting anxious and frustrated by the relative inaction of the Twins so far this off-season. Detroit goes out and signs Edgar Renteria right away. Then today, the White Sox trade for Orlando Cabrera. Meanwhile, it's unlikely we'll be able to sign Torii Hunter or even Carlos Silva. Though, for the money Silva's sure to get, I'm not sure we want him. One way or another, I have a very bad feeling about this off-season for my favorite squad.
  3. As a related note to number one--not bad being a fan of Boston sports lately, eh? Kevin Garnett looks pretty good in green.
  4. Lay off Barry Bonds. He took steroids during a period when HGH was not illegal in the game. Besides--how many of the pitchers throwing to him were also juicing? It seems ridiculous to make him the whipping boy for a bad era of baseball.
  5. Enjoy jail, Michael Vick.
  6. Oh, and the Packers are a pretty good football team (just don't tell my wife I said it...)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Two comments:

    1. There are a lot of rumors in my neck of the woods that we are trying to sign Hunter....and by we I mean the Tigers.
    2. No matter what you say, the Lions will beat the Pack on Thursday....this is their year.

    =0)

    By Blogger Victoria, at 9:48 PM  

  • Yeah....it's a good year to be a Boston sports fan. Can we say a tripple crown? I mean, when else has a city (ariel say's hi) won the World Series, the Super Bowl (count on it) and the NBA championship (a good possibility)?

    By Blogger Aaron, at 10:42 PM  

  • i stopped reading where you told me too... and boy, am i glad i did. What a bunch of dribble... :)
    brad~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 AM  

  • Vic--Hunter will end up with the White Sox, Dodgers or Rangers. Any way you slice it, he's out of the Twin Cities. Oh, and the Lions will lose BIG tomorrow. Count on it.

    Aaron--I could definitely see the Boston triple crown coming to pass this year. The Celtics will have to grapple with a number of good teams in the playoffs, but it's a foregone conclusion that they will make it there...

    Brad--poop.

    By Blogger timmer k., at 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home