The Speckled Mind

Monday, January 28, 2008

In Which I Forget This Day Ever Happened

Things that happened to me today at work:
  • I dropped an unopened gallon of whole milk onto the floor. It broke open and spilled everywhere. And, I do mean everywhere.
  • I cleaned up that spilled milk but DID NOT cry over it.
  • I had to boot out a bunch of high school kids who, despite management's best efforts to the contrary, insist upon using Ebenezer's Coffeehouse as their lunchroom. I did my best to be civil; but I'm afraid that in the end it came across as something akin to, "YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!"
  • I got into a brief and bizarre argument with a deaf mute over a large iced tea. I could explain the details of that one, but it wouldn't make any more sense than the one sentence description I just gave.
On days like this I just have to go home, shake my head and remember that tomorrow is a fresh day with fresh possibilities.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home