The Speckled Mind

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In Which My Sports Related Ire Is Evoked


If this story is true, and I have little reason to believe it isn't, I am angry.

Let's get this straight. We traded the best pitcher in baseball for four guys who haven't seen an inning of major league baseball. And, we didn't even get the best guy that the Mets had to offer.

How could this have happened??!! In December there were packages led by Jacoby Ellsbury, Jon Lester and Phil Hughes. And now we get four no-names that MAY AT SOME POINT be ready for the major leagues?

I'm too upset to type more.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • i don't get it either.

    i thought they were getting too little back in december. but you look at this and you almost have to wonder if it would be worth holding on until the trading deadline and seeing if there might be more on the table then.

    given, smith was in a pretty woeful position to begin with, especially if santana was forcing the issue, as some reports suggest. but damn.

    if it makes you feel any better, i'm enjoying liam finn's album thanks to you. i'm only about 2/3 of the way through it, so i shouldn't say much, especially since it sounds like the last song is the one that will get me. he doesn't quite have his dad's chops yet, but it's still good stuff.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 PM  

  • Dude I'll be the first to admit my ignorance in the sports arena, but that said...when I heard about this i thought it kinda sounded like buisness as usual here in MN. I also thought you were gonna just "love" this developement, I guess I was right at least about that.

    By Blogger Roger Messner, at 3:09 PM  

  • I kinda suspected this sort of thing would happen during the first round of Santana sweepstakes. The best pitcher in baseball will end up playing for whoever he wants. I'm really just happy that he ended up in the NL, so he won't be striking out our anemic lineup in the 2008 season at least.

    By Blogger Topher, at 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home