The Speckled Mind

Saturday, October 27, 2007

No Coffee Drinker Left Behind

A couple of odd things that happened yesterday at my place of employment.

First I had a midmorning encounter with evil of Tim Lahaye proportions. Around 10:00, I had a customer order three beverages.

Her price total--$6.66

After announcing the cost of the items, she and I joked about it as I made her latte. Then, the next customer steps up to the counter and orders two beverages, a scone and a newspaper.

His price total--$6.66

Two in a row. Now, THAT is creepy. Left Behind Ministries will be investigating the matter shortly.

The other strange bit was the 60 year old gentleman who ordered a mocha and tried to pay with his Starbucks gift card.

"Do you take these here?"

"No, sir, this isn't a Starbucks."

"I know, I just wanted to check if I could pay with it here."

Apparently the person that gave him the card didn't tell him that it was a card for a particular coffee establishment. I honestly think he believed it to be a universal coffee card. Which gives me an idea...

Wouldn't it be great if we had a barcode on or a computer chip implanted in our foreheads that was a universal gift card for coffee? That would be amazing...but would surely prompt another investigation by Left Behind Ministries.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Only if said bar code or computer chip was able to read my mind and the second that I thought I wanted coffee a friendly and cute coffee delivery boy showed up with a steaming cup o joe....mmmmm......

    now that would be worth the inquiry!

    By Blogger Victoria, at 10:51 PM  

  • Sadly, the Starbucks gift card works everywhere I can get coffee in Memphis. Yay for monopolies!

    By Blogger Jess(ica), at 12:23 PM  

  • I just interviewed at a medical school in Missouri....and wait for it....


    NO STARBUCKS within at least 50 miles!!!!

    By Blogger Victoria, at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home